Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Late Nite Taqueria

It's been a tough month. Facing a bit of an existential collapse in the face of the haunting bureaucracies of Australian film financing I have spent long periods imagining that rather than rewriting draft after draft of scripts and submissions, I am instead running a late night taqueria on the streets of Guadalupe, Guanajuato or Guadalajara. Luckily, we had our christmas party on the weekend and we converted the bottom of our studio into a sleazy taqueria, streaming vaquero radio while I got to live out the fantasy, flipping tortillas on the grill, serving up a friend's black bean goodness and doling out my own slow roasted tomato salsa while beating myself over the head with tequila and beer. It was better than I imagined. Damn the eternal curse of this film addiction or I would forever be a happy, drunk tortilla flipper.





















2 comments:

Sanna said...

Hi. I'm desperately trying to find US go home (Claire Denis). I saw it I few years back and have wanted to see it again ever since, but it hard since there's no DVD release. I've tried to download it but without success. Now I googled to this site and saw that you have found it! Is it possible for you to forward it to me? it would be the perfect Christmas gift!

/Sanna

The Buoy Archives said...

Hey Sanna,

sadly, I'm still trying to get my hands on the DVD too. Diego posted ages ago that he was able to download it through the KAD network but I couldn't make it work for me. Have a look at his advice on this post, and then see if you can make it work...

http://thebuoyarchives.blogspot.com/2010/06/patience.html?showComment=1312250808463#c7300378793125329736

And, of course, if you do, let me know how... such a shame it's so hard to get... it's such a brilliant film.

Rhys