Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Changing Tack

These past weeks have been good to me.

Nothing is certain, nothing is ever certain, but it appears that my feature film 'Galore' - which I've been working on for longer than it is respectable to admit -  is in the process of 'getting up'. At the same time, 'The Turning', an omnibus film which I am directing a segment of, is also in the process of 'getting up'. What this means is that, for a time, the fear of not working has been quelled. I know what the year might hold and it's pretty damned exciting.

So, I anticipate and hope for a change in tack in some of the blog posts. Fewer ruminations on writing and solitude and more on directing and the world out there. Which, to be honest, will be a massive fucking relief. And, a blog is pointless without full disclosure so I am sure I'll spill fragments of process, glimmers of anxiety, and documents of spectacular stumbles as the year goes on. I can't promise I won't still rehash the words of endlessly rehashable wordsmiths or glorify these tiny pages with other people's beautiful images, but I will hopefully have some new tacks, new directions, new thoughts to spill.

We'll see.

 image: Roger Ballen

No comments: